Sunday, August 5, 2012

Friendship day History


There is not much literature on Friendship Day history as we celebrate today. However, there are numerous folktales and several instance in mythological legends that shows that friends and friendship have been valued since the beginning of civilized world. As an intrinsically social creature, men love to make friends to further this process of socialization.

friendship day



History of Friendship Day in US



Considering the valuable role friends play in our life it was deemed to fit to have a day dedicated to friends and friendship. The United States Congress, in 1935, proclaimed first Sunday of August as the National Friendship Day. Since then, celebration of National Friendship Day became an annual event. The noble idea of honoring the beautiful relationship of friendship caught on with the people and soon Friendship Day became a hugely popular festival. 



Following the popularity and success of Friendship Day in US, several other countries adopted the tradition of dedicating a day to friends. Today, Friendship Day is enthusiastically celebrated by several countries across the world including India. 



In 1997, the United Nations named Winnie - the Pooh as the world's Ambassador of Friendship.



Importance of Friendship in Bible


The Bible, the primary text of the western civilization, reflects upon friendship as the bond that forms the foundation to human faith, trust and companionship. Following verses from the bible aptly portray the importance of friends: 

27 comments:

  1. Friendship day bring backs the good old memories that we have created with our friends. You can celebrate this day by giving custom gifts and personalized greeting cards available at the Post My Greetings, one of the biggest gifting web portals in India. To know more - http://www.postmygreetings.com/gifts-with-cards/gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.Friendship plays an important role in our life and understanding its importance. There are many gifts option like customized greeting cards, voice message cards, photo mugs, photo frames, jwellery etc all you can shop online at home. For more details - http://www.cardwale.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friendship Day, a day when you do not express and adore what God has gifted you as a family but what you have nurtured yourself as a human being.


    Fore More Info

    http://www.happyfriendshipdaysms.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPO_e_VYJqY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ambition Computer Centre is an ISO Certified Computer Institute .

    Thanks
    www.ambitioncomputerforyoursuccess.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really very nice..

    thank u so much….


    www.ggroupall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Frineds..!!!Happy Frinedship Day is coming on 7th August 2016,so Let Us Celebrate Happy Frinedship Day 2016 Check Frindship Day 2016 Wishes here Check Friendship Day 2016 SMS,Posters,Pictures,Poems, Wallpaper Celebrations from here given link

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post really appreciable work. That will be valuable to everyone who uses it, including myself. Many thanks!
    Happy new year

    http://www.inspirationallovequotesimages.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend left me for another girl. I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. I became very worried and needed help. as i was browsing through the internet, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Ebuka can help get ex back fast and stop a divorce or breakup and so on , So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (return Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Today I'm so happy and i want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to his or her broken relationships and marriage. Simply contact the great "Dr.Ebuka" If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., Thank you Dr Ebuka for saving my broken relationships and brought my boyfriend back to me!" email him at: ebukalovetemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +13103599685 ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I found your site by mistake when i was searching yahoo for this acne issue, I must say your site is really helpful I also love the design, its amazing!. I don’t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site.
    BBWs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Nice Article I read Your Posts Very Impressive. Keep It up
    Read more about :Friendship quotes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice article this post is very cool but i read more interesting quotes for this blog QUOTES ABOUT FRIENDSHIP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Article, Country Oven Offers Best Friendship Day Gifts 2019 in India From All Other Countries.

    ReplyDelete